The staff at St. Timothy’s Preschool continually strives to enhance the quality of the preschool program. This is achieved by:
- Employing Lead Teachers who have achieved Bachelor’s or Master’s degrees. Our teachers understand that a quality early education is essential. All of our Lead teachers have their Early Childhood Education endorsements or have taken courses specific their role in early childhood education.
- Pursuing continuing education classes –
all of our staff members create and complete a yearly Professional Development Plan that reflects their work towards our school-wide goal as well as their own personal classroom goals.
- Providing time on a weekly basis for Lead and Associate teachers to work togetherto plan for and assess students. We believe both educators are equally responsible for the social and academic growth of each child and that this is better executed when the teachers work together to create and evaluate the learning environment.
- Implementing the Quality Preschool Program Standards developed by the Iowa Department of Education and participating in a site visit.
- Utilizing NAEYC’s best practices for Early Childhood Education.
- Participating in the Iowa Quality Rating System (QRS) developed by the Iowa Department of Human Services.
- Hosting Fellowship opportunities for families at preschool-sponsored dinners and events.
- Offering outdoor learning opportunities on a daily basis throughout the whole school year.
- Serving healthy, balanced snacks provided by the school. We also provide opportunities for the children to bake or help make snack throughout the year.
Offering Summer programming – we host twice-monthly play groups, free of charge to enrolled preschoolers, their parent(s), and siblings.